Skip to content

2 suspects in aborted slay of PBA cager nabbed in NE, Bulacan

December 3, 2012
ali peek

ali peek

CABANATUAN CITY – Two members of a notorious gun-for-hire gang tagged as the suspects in last year’s aborted slay attempt on Philippine Basketball Association swingman Ali Peek were arrested in two separate police operations in Nueva Ecija and Bulacan, the Philippine National Police said yesterday.

          Senior Superintendent Walter Castillejos, PNP provincial director, identified the two as Carlos Pangilinan, alias Carling, 60, of Barangay San Miguel Na Munti and Orlando Hernandez, alias Orly, 35, of Barangay Bantug, both of Talavera, Nueva Ecija.

Castillejos said the duo were behind the failed murder attempt on  Peek, the hulking center of Talk and Text who was shot in the neck by a lone gunman on November 7,2011. The 6’4  Peek survived the attack.

Superintendent Ricardo Villanueva, chief of the provincial public safety company, said Pangilinan was arrested by PPSC operatives led by SPO1 Gerry Santos at Sitio Tagpos, Barangay Soledad, Sta. Rosa, Nueva Ecija Thursday afternoon.

Prior to his arrest, police were tipped off that Pangilinan  would pass by Soledad, prompting the PPSC to lay out the dragnet.

Moments later, Pangilinan arrived aboard an unlicensed black motorcycle driven by another companion. Pangilinan later disembarked from the motorcycle with a gun tucked in his waist when lawmen appeared and confronted him.

Lawmen then arrested him when he could not present any document on the gun, a Smith and Wesson caliber 38 revolver.

Pangilinan’s companion, however, eluded arrest by speeding away.

Last Wednesday afternoon, Nueva Ecija lawmen arrested Hernandez at Barangay Penabatan, Pulilan, Bulacan.

Villanueva said Hernandez was also the prime suspect in the slay attempt on Peek and in the killing of one Jolly Capati of Barangay San Fernando, Cabiao, Nueva Ecija and the October 4,2011 shooting of a security guard at the Natividad Orchids Farm, Barangay Daang Sarili, Cabanatuan City.

Hernandez had two warrants of arrest for murder and frustrated murder issued by Cabanatuan Branch Regional Trial Court Branch 86   Judge Serafin Cruz. – Manny Galvez

 

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: